- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1/4 pounds pre-marinated* lemon-garlic pork fillet, cut into 1/2″ thick
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) Italian-seasoned tomato sauce (without added sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 20 ounces (approx. 2, 10-ounce bags) baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
*If you’d rather DIY, mix 4 cloves minced garlic, 1 lemon zested and juiced, and 1/4 cup canola oil and marinate overnight.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes, or until fragrant. Scrape the onion to the side.
- Add the pork. Cook for about 4 minutes, turning once, until browned on both sides.
- Add the chickpeas, tomato sauce, and salt. Stir. Adjust the heat so the sauce is at a moderate simmer. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach, a large handful at a time, covering the pan between each addition. Cook for about 3 minutes total, or until all the spinach wilts.
- Transfer the pork to plates.
- Add the lemon juice to the pan. Stir to combine. Spoon over the pork.
Image Credit: Tuscan Pork with Chickpeas and Spinach