- 1 lb (450 g) carrots (about 4 medium)
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) + 1 tsp (5 mL) extra-virgin olive oil or camelina oil
- 1 1/2 cups (350 mL) cooked or canned (drained and rinsed) chickpeas
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) tahini
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) honey
- 2 tsp (10 mL) orange zest
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
- 8 whole grain or gluten-free tortilla wraps
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) cooked boneless, skinless organic chicken thighs, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 8 cups (2 L) baby spinach or other tender salad greens
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C). Peel and chop carrots into 1 in (2.5 cm) pieces. Toss carrots with 1 tsp (5 mL) oil and place on baking sheet. Roast until tender and beginning to darken, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Place roasted carrots, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, 2 Tbsp (30 mL) oil, garlic, honey, orange zest, and cumin in food processor container and blend until smooth.
- To prepare wraps, spread carrot hummus over surface of wraps and top with an equal amount of chicken, red pepper, and spinach. Roll tightly and slice in half on the bias. If needed, insert toothpicks to hold wraps in place.
Image Credit: Roasted Carrot Hummus Chicken Wraps