- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 4 cups baby arugula leaves
- 4 center-cut bacon slices, halved
- 8 (1-ounce) rustic Italian bread slices
- 2 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 ounces fontina cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add garlic to pan; sauté 1 minute. Add spinach and arugula; stir until wilted. Remove spinach mixture from pan. Return pan to medium-high heat. Add bacon; cook until crisp. Remove bacon.
- Top 4 bread slices evenly with cheeses, bacon pieces, spinach mixture, and the remaining 4 bread slices.
- Heat pan over medium heat. Add sandwiches to drippings in pan; weigh down with a plate. Cook 2 minutes on each side
Image Credit: Garlicky Bacon & Spinach Grilled Cheese