- 4 (6-ounce) chicken thighs, skinned
- 1 teaspoon dried rubbed sage (or 1 tablespoon of fresh sage)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped seeded peeled tomato
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 very thin slices prosciutto or ham, cut into thin strips (approx. 1/4 cup)
- Sage sprigs (optional)
- Sprinkle the chicken with sage, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour. Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side. Add wine; cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 180°.
- Place the cornmeal and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a 1-quart casserole. Gradually add water, stirring until blended. Cover. Microwave at high 12 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan. Add tomato to pan; cook 1 minute. Stir in juice and prosciutto. Spoon polenta onto plates, and top with chicken. Serve with the sauce. Garnish with sage sprigs, if desired.
Image Credit: Chicken & Prosciutto Over Polenta