Breakfast Flatbread Pizza
- 1 medium slice center-cut bacon
- 2 large (50 grams each) eggs
- 1 large (60 grams) pita flatbread
- 1 teaspoon reduced fat (1/3 less fat) cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon diced bell pepper
- 1 mushroom, sliced
- 1 tablespoon diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped chives
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil, and cook bacon for 7 minutes. Blot grease and allow to cool, then slice and set aside.
- Scramble the eggs, but don’t cook all the way through. They need to be moist because they’ll finish cooking in the oven.
- Place flatbread on baking sheet and spread with cream cheese. Top evenly with eggs, bacon, onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes and cheddar cheese.
- Bake in 400 degree F oven for 8 minutes until flatbread is crispy and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chives and slice into four triangles while hot.
Image Credit: Breakfast Flatbread Pizza