- 1 lb sushi-grade ahi tuna
- 2 tbsp low-sodium tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp wasabi paste
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 4 whole-wheat rolls
- Chop the tuna into chunks and add to a food processor. Pulse a few times to break down tuna.
- In a large mixing bowl add tamari, olive oil, lime juice, and zest, cilantro, ginger, Dijon mustard, wasabi paste, salt, and pepper. Mix and add to tuna. Blend until well combined, about 1 minute until it has a consistency similar to ground beef.
- Form evenly into 4 patties.
- Preheat large sauté grill pan on medium heat for 1 minute. Sear for 2 minutes on each side for rare burgers or longer for more well done.
- Serve with fresh sprouts, avocado, and lettuce on a toasted whole wheat bun.
Calories: 465 | Protein: 39g | Carbs: 25g | Fat: 24g
Image Credit: AHI Tuna Burger